Most Popular Topics
The Alameda County Assessor is pleased to announce that the AC Property App is now available on Android devices as well as Apple devices. You can lookup your assessed value, property taxes, and parcel map. You can even pay your property taxes right from the app. Download it from Google Play or the iTunes store.
General & Ownership Information
Business Personal Property:
Our business hours are from 8:30AM to 5:00PM Monday through Friday except for holidays
As mandated by the California Constitution, the primary purpose of the Assessor is to accurately determine the taxable value of all land, improvements, and business and personal property located in Alameda County.
The Assessor’s staff:
- Locates and identifies the ownership of all taxable property in Alameda County
- Determines the taxability of all property
- Determines if property is subject to reappraisal at fair market value when it changes ownership
- Determines if property that undergoes new construction or alteration is subject to reappraisal
- Annually assesses all real estate in accordance with the California Constitution (Proposition 13)
- Annually assesses all taxable business personal property at its fair market value
- Determines and applies all legal exemptions
- Surrenders an accurate assessment roll to the Auditor-Controller’s Office prior to July 1st
Contrary to popular opinion, the Assessor:
- Does not compute property tax bills.
- Does not collect property taxes.
- Does not establish property tax laws.
- Does not set rules by which property is appraised.
Related County Offices
|Treasurer-Tax Collector (Tax bills and payment information)||(510) 272-6800||http://www.acgov.org
|Auditor-Controller (Tax rates)||(510) 272-6564||http://www.acgov.org
|Clerk-Recorder (Deed recording
|Clerk, Assessment Appeals Board
(Information on filling Application for Changed Assessment)