Official Public Record
Official public records, which date back to 1853, can be found alphabetically by names of parties identified on the documents. Please allow 2 weeks from the filing date of the document to order a copy.
Copy Fees are:
An instrument number or book and page number or reel and image number is required to order a public record. Do you have the instrument number or book and page number or reel and image number?
- Plain copies are $3.50 for first page, $3.50 for each additional page
- Certified copies are $4.50 for first page, $3.50 for each additional page
Military Discharge Records
To obtain a Certified Copy of a Military Discharge (DD214), you must be one of the following individuals, authorized under section 6107 of the California Government Code with the necessary verification;
- The person who is the subject of the record upon presentation of proper photo identification.
- A family member or legal representative of the person who is the subject of the record upon presentation of proper photo identification and certification of their relationship to the subject of the record.
- A county office that provides veteran's benefits upon written request of that office.
- A United States official upon written request of that official.
Information needed in your request for a Military Discharge (DD214):
- Name of Veteran
- Date of discharge
- Number of copies requested
How would you like to order?
- There is no cost for Certified Copies of a Military Discharge DD214. (PDF - 181kb) *
* PDF file requires the free Adobe Reader.
- By Mail
- In Person
NOTE: Military Discharge Records are not available for online ordering.