Official Public Record
Official public records, which date back to 1853, can be found alphabetically by names of parties identified on the documents. Please allow 2 weeks from the filing date of the document to order a copy.
An instrument number or book and page number or reel and image number is required to order a public record. Do you have the instrument number or book and page number or reel and image number?
- Plain copies are $3.50 for first page, $3.50 for each additional page
- Certified copies are $4.50 for first page, $3.50 for each additional page
Military Discharge Records
To obtain a Certified Copy of a Military Discharge (DD214), you must be one of the following individuals, authorized under section 6107 of California Government Code, upon presentation of proper photo identification:
- Person who is subject of the record
- Family member
- Legal representative of the veteran
- County office that provides veteranís benefits upon written request of that office
- United State Official upon written request of that office
Information needed to search Military Discharge (DD214):
- Name of Veteran
- Date of discharge
- Number of copies requested
* Copy Fees:
How would you like to order?
- There is no cost for Certified Copies of a Military Discharge DD214. (PDF - 181kb) *
- By Mail
You may pay by check (personal, company, bank, or cashiers), money order or traveler's checks. Out of country payments must be made in U.S. dollars. Credit cards are not accepted for mail orders.
- In Person
You may pay by cash, debit/ATM, check (personal, company, bank, cashier's or traveler's) or money order. If you cannot come into the office, you may send a representative or contact a title company for assistance. Check the yellow pages for listings.
NOTE: Military Discharge Records are not available for online ordering.