News & Announcements
- 02/25/2015 Supervisor Chan's Newsletter (Winter 2015) Read about my work to end hunger in Alameda County by 2020, my annual toy drive, and my contribution to Island High School's basketball program. You can also learn about my work to prepare children for academic success and senior fraud workshops.
- 01/28/2015 Alameda County launches program to end hunger by 2020 The All In to End Hunger 2020 initiative started Wednesday in an East Oakland food bank warehouse, as Supervisor Wilma Chan declared "a new war on poverty." "We're creating something bigger than ourselves with this collaboration," Chan said. "Our partners, private donors, businesses and county agencies are all coming together... to meet the challenge of ending hunger." Learn more at: www.acgov.org/allin
- 01/14/2015 Laura's Law is the humane solution for Alameda County Every 48 minutes someone in Alameda County is placed in a costly emergency psychiatric evaluation because he or she has been deemed a danger to himself or herself or others. This is the highest rate in the state of California. It's time that we listen to those families who have a loved one with serious mental illness. The Alameda County Board of Supervisors needs to follow the lead of these other California counties and adopt Laura's Law. It is the only humane solution.
- 10/17/2014 Supervisor Chan's Summer/Fall Newsletter In this edition you can read about my work to address childhood obesity throughout the county, my partnership with the San Leandro Unified School District to build San Leandro's first school-based health center, and my contribution to Alameda's school supply drive "Equipped 4 Success." You can also learn about my partnership with San Lorenzo Unified School District to place youth in summer internships, my work to secure emergency funding for senior services and much more.
- 10/16/2014 Wilma Chan Donates $6,000 to Island High Basketball Team Funds will help make up for grant loss this year and support transportation, uniforms, and coaches for the Island basketball team.
None at this time.