About Supervisor Keith Carson
Supervisor Keith Carson serves as a member of the Alameda County Board of Supervisors and is currently the Board President. Supervisor Carson represents the Fifth District of Alameda County on a platform dedicated to inclusive and accessible government. The Fifth District includes the cities of Albany, Berkeley, Emeryville, Piedmont, and the West Oakland, North Oakland, Rockridge, Grand Lake, Fruitvale, and Dimond District neighborhoods.
Supervisor Carson works to bring together people who have a wealth of talent and creative resources to address our shared problems within the numerous areas including access to health care, ending poverty, homelessness, crime, improving business retention, and addressing the scarcity of jobs in our communities.
Supervisor Carson serves in different capacities for several organizations, including:
- The East Bay Economic Development Alliance (East Bay EDA), Chair
- The Alameda County Employees' Retirement Association (ACERA), Board Member
- The National Association of Counties (NACO) - the only national organization that represents county governments in the United States, Board Member
- The California State Association of Counties (CSAC) - a 58-county statewide supervisors organization, Board Member
- The Alameda County Transportation Commission, Board Member
- The Alameda County Waste Management Authority, Board Member
- The Bay Area Council Economic Institute, Vice-Chair