About Supervisor Keith Carson
Keith Carson was elected to the Board of Supervisors, Fifth District, in 1992, on a platform dedicated to inclusive and accessible government. The Fifth District includes the cities of Albany, Berkeley, Emeryville, Piedmont, and the West Oakland, North Oakland, Rockridge, Grand Lake, Fruitvale, and Dimond District neighborhoods.
Supervisor Carson works to bring together people who have a wealth of talent and creative resources to address our shared problems within the numerous areas including access to health care, ending poverty, homelessness, crime, improving business retention, and addressing the scarcity of jobs in our communities.
Supervisor Carson serves in different capacities for several organizations, including:
- The Alameda County East Bay Economic Development Alliance (East Bay EDA), Chair
- The Alameda County Employees' Retirement Association (ACERA), Chair
- The National Association of Counties (NACO) - the only national organization that represents county governments in the United States, Board Member
- The California State Association of Counties (CSAC) - a 58-county statewide supervisors organization, Board Member
- The Alameda County Transportation Improvement Authority (ACTIA), Board Member
- The Alameda County Waste Management Authority, Board Member
- The Bay Area World Trade Center (BAWTC), Acting Chair and Chair of its Finance Committee
- The Bay Area Council Economic Institute, Vice-Chair