- 05/14/2013 May is Stroke Awareness Month(199KB) A stroke stops blood from getting to the brain and can be disastrous. Do you know the signs and symptoms of a stroke? Click on the link above to download a poster for your office or home to help educate those around you. You just may save someone's life.
- 04/26/2013 May is National Water Safety Month! The summer swimming season is right around the corner! As you and your family prepare to go swimming again, click on the link above to make sure you have all of the resources necessary to stay safe around pools and spas.
- 04/04/2013 We're Hiring Dispatchers Interested in becoming a Fire Dispatcher? We're hiring for the positions of Dispatcher and Dispatcher Trainee. Please click on the link above to apply online and find out more information.
- 03/21/2013 Sign Up for a Free Spring PEP or CERT Training!(65KB) The Spring Schedule for Personal Emergency Preparedness (PEP) and Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training is now available. Please click on the link above for information on how to sign up for a local training.
- 02/26/2013 Spring Personal Emergency Preparedness & CERT Training Schedule(65KB) The Spring class schedule for Personal Emergency Preparedness and Community Emergency Response Team Training is now available! Click on the link above for details on a free training in your neighborhood.
- 02/07/2013 Focus on Fire Safety: Burn and Scald Prevention(982KB) According to the American Burn Association, approximately 450,000 burn injuries require medical treatment each year. Click on the link above for an information sheet on how you can keep your family members free from burns and scalds.
- 01/02/2013 Demetrious Shaffer Appointed Alameda County Fire Chief(86KB) The Alameda County Board of Supervisors announced the appointment of Demetrious Shaffer as Alameda County Fire Chief, effective December 31, 2012.Demetrious Shaffer has served as Interim Fire Chief since June 2012, following Sheldon Gilbert's resignation.
- 12/18/2012 Get Ahead of the Winter Freeze(359KB) Did you know cooking is the leading cause of all winter residential building fires? Click on the link above to view the National Fire Protection Association's 10 Tips to Get Ahead of the Winter Freeze.
- 11/27/2012 Sandbag Information(296KB) Wondering where you can get a sandbag or two in preparation for the upcoming severe weather? Please click on the link above to view the Alameda County Public Works Agency's list of sandbag locations.
- 11/19/2012 Thanksgiving Safety Tips(885KB) Did you know Thanksgiving is the leading day of the year for home fires involving cooking equipment? Click on the link above to check out some great Thanksgiving fire safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association.
- 10/18/2012 Halloween Safety Tips Are you preparing for a safe Halloween? Click on the link above for more information on simple fire safety precautions you can take before Halloween to prevent fires.
- 10/08/2012 October 7-12 is Fire Prevention Week Do you have a fire escape plan for your family? The theme for this year's Fire Prevention Week is "Have Two Ways Out." Click on the link above to learn how you can prepare and practice your very own fire escape plan!
- 10/05/2012 Recruitment Period Begins for Alameda County Fire Chief The County of Alameda has retained Teri Black & Company, LLC to conduct the recruitment for the position of Alameda County Fire Chief. Please click on the link above to view the recruitment brochure and obtain information about the position.
- 08/21/2012 ACFD Station #8 Community Meetings on 8/29 Join representatives from the Alameda County & Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Departments for 2 community meetings at ACFD Station #8 (1617 College Ave.) in Livermore on August 29th at 9:00AM or 7:00PM to ask questions about fire services in your neighborhood.
- 08/02/2012 We're Hiring Firefighter Recruits! Interested in becoming part of the ACFD? Click on the link above to learn how you can apply online for the position of Firefighter Recruit!
- 06/27/2012 ACFD Mourns Loss of Firefighter Hollis Franks(29KB) It is with great sadness that we announce the death of a beloved member of the ACFD Family. Following a brief but valiant battle with lung cancer, Firefighter Hollis Franks passed away at his home in Livermore. Click on the link above for more info.
- 06/08/2012 We're Hiring! Interested in joining the ACFD? Click on the link above to learn how you can apply for the position of Fire Dispatch Supervisor, Fire Department Mechanic or Fire Department Telecommunication Specialist!
- 02/24/2012 In Memory of Tom Godbier We are saddened to announce the passing of Tom Godbier, a retired Castro Valley Fire Department Engineer, part-time ACFD employee and long time resident of San Leandro. In memory of Tom, the flag at Station #6 will fly at half-staff through March 3rd.
- 01/10/2012 The San Leandro CERT Class is Full! Unfortunately, the San Leandro CERT Class slated to begin on January 19th at the San Leandro Main Library is full and enrollment is closed. However, if you would like to sign up for the Class Waitlist, please click on the link above.
- 01/05/2012 Good Samaritans Help World War II Vet & His Wife Escape from Fire(40KB) On Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 10:02AM, Alameda County Firefighters responded to a report of a house fire at 115 Wendy Court in Union City. Click on the link above to learn how two Good Samaritans helped an elderly couple escape from the fire.
- 12/23/2011 Lawrence Livermore National Security Awards Contract to the Alameda County Fire Department(62KB) The Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC will continue to contract with the Alameda County Fire Department to provide emergency services to Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. Please click on the link above to view the press release.
- 02/07/2013 Registration is Open for Spring Personal Emergency Preparedness Classes! Resolve to be better prepared in 2013! Click on the link above to view the dates and sign up for free Personal Emergency Preparedness Classes scheduled in March and April.
- 11/28/2012 We're Hiring an EMS Quality Improvement & Education Coordinator(453KB) Interested in joining the ACFD? You're invited to apply for the position of Emergency Medical Services Quality Improvement Coordinator! Click on the link above to view the recruitment brochure.
- 07/25/2012 CERT Registration is Open!(342KB) Registration for Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training is open in Dublin! Class begins on Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at 6:30PM at the Dublin Library. Click on the link above to view the training flyer for additional information.
* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.