None at this time.
- 09/24/2014 9/26-9/30 ACFD Training Burn at Camp Parks in Dublin(314KB) If you smell or see smoke near Camp Parks (in Dublin) on September 26, 29 and/or 30, 2014, please do not be alarmed. The Alameda County Fire Department (ACFD) will be conducting a training burn. Please click on the link above to view the Public Notice.
- 09/19/2014 Focus on Fire Safety: Smoke Alarms Smoke alarms are a very important means of preventing home fire fatalities by providing an early warning signal so you and your family can escape. When is the last time you've tested your smoke alarm?
- 08/04/2014 We're Hiring Firefighter Recruits! We're accepting applications for our entry-level firefighter position, Firefighter Recruit until September 1, 2014. Please click on the link above to view the job description and learn how you can apply online!
- 07/18/2014 7/19 CERT Annual Refresher Drill in Sunol(358KB) Attention all Alameda County Fire Department CERT Grads! We look forward to seeing you at the Annual Refresher Drill on Saturday, July 19th from 8:30AM-12:30PM at Sunol Glen School in Sunol! Please click the link above for more information.
- 06/24/2014 4th of July Safety Tips(695KB) Follow these safety tips, courtesy of the National Fire Protection Association, to have a fun and safe 4th of July! (Please click on the link above to download the safety tip sheet.)
- 06/03/2014 6/17 CERT Tri-Annual Training Workshop: The Impact of Emergencies & Disasters on Children(662KB) Join us for a workshop on Tuesday, June 17th at 7PM to discuss the Impact of Emergencies & Disasters on Children. Hosted in partnership with UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland, the free training is open to the public. Please see the attached flyer.
- 05/05/2014 May 4-10 is Wildfire Awareness Week Governor Jerry Brown has declared the week of May 4-10, 2014 as Wildfire Awareness Week in the state of California. Click on the link above to learn what you can do around your home to prepare for the upcoming fire season.
- 04/22/2014 April is National 9-1-1 Education Month(127KB) Have you ever called 9-1-1 for an emergency situation before? Whether you have or not, click on the link above for helpful tips when calling emergency services. The more you know what to expect when calling 9-1-1, the faster you can get the help you need.
- 04/08/2014 David A. Rocha Appointed as ACFD Fire Chief On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 the Alameda County Board of Supervisors announced the appointment of David A. Rocha as the Fire Chief of the Alameda County Fire Department. Fire Chief Rocha has served as the Interim Fire Chief since January 1, 2014.
- 01/28/2014 Apply to be Our Fire Department Administrative Services Director! Do you have a strong knowledge of the principles of public sector administration and management, organizational analysis and development and establishing strategic direction? Click on the link above to learn more about the position and how you can apply.
- 01/21/2014 FEMA's Youth Preparedness Council is Accepting Applications Know anyone between the ages of 12 and 17 who is engaged in community preparedness and has a interest in public service? If you answered yes, encourage them to apply to be a member of FEMA's Youth Preparedness Council! Click the link above for more info.
- 01/07/2014 Prepare to Prosper in 2014! Sign up for a Free Personal Emergency Preparedness Training... Make one of your New Year's resolutions to become better prepared in case of an emergency and enroll in one of our free Personal Emergency Preparedness classes! Click on the link above to sign up for a training and increase your personal preparedness.
- 09/19/2014 Do You Have a Product That Has Been Recalled? Have you looked at the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission's website lately? This is a great resource to find out the most up to date information on products that have been recalled.
- 06/03/2014 6/25 Alameda County Firefighters Blood Drive(564KB) Join Alameda County Firefighters in providing 100 days of hope within the first 100 days of summer by signing up to give blood on Wednesday, June 25th! Click on the link above to download the Blood Drive flyer and for details on how to donate!
- 05/05/2014 May is Stroke Awareness Month--Learn the Sudden Signs of a Stroke!(199KB) A stroke stops blood from getting to the brain and can be disastrous. Do you know the signs and symptoms of a stroke? Click on the link above to download a poster for your office or home to help educate those around you. You just may save someone's life.
- 10/29/2013 Be Warm & Safe This Winter!(1053KB) According to the National Fire Protection Association, half of home heating fires are reported from December to February. Take the necessary steps now to keep your home fire safe in the coming months! Click on the link above for brief heating safety tips.
- 08/27/2014 Calling All Dispatchers...We're Hiring! Interested in joining our team of dedicated Fire Dispatchers at the Alameda County Regional Emergency Communications Center? Apply now! Click on the link above to learn more about the position & submit an application online.
- 07/22/2014 Personal Emergency Preparedness (PEP) Workshop Registration is Open! Registration for our free Personal Emergency Preparedness (PEP) Workshops are open! Learn how to prepare your home for an emergency, make an emergency supply kit and manage your utilities after an earthquake. Please click on the link above to enroll.
- 11/30/2013 Donate to the Alameda County Fire Fighters Holiday Toy Drive until 12/24! The Alameda County Fire Fighters Annual Holiday Toy Drive is in full swing! Donations of gift cards or new, unwrapped toys can be made at any of our fire stations through Tuesday, December 24th. Thank you for your support!
* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.