Alameda County may change this policy from time to time, and reserves the right to do so without notice.
Collection of Information
To improve the content and usability of this website, Alameda County automatically collects several categories of information from users. This information includes the following:
- The apparent Internet Protocol address of your Internet Service Provider and/or your computer, if your computer has an IP address assigned directly to it.
- The apparent Fully Qualified Domain Name of your Internet Service Provider and/or your computer, if your computer has a domain name assigned directly to it.
- The type of browser (example Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.) used and the operating system resident on a user's computer.
- The date and time a user visited the site.
- The web pages accessed at the site.
- The Uniform Resource Locator of the site which a user visited prior to acgov.org (if detectable).
The County uses this information to identify site performance needs to ensure compatibility with the technology used by it's visitors, and to improve services offered on acgov.org. In order to accomplish those goals, the County may conduct statistical analysis of the data collected.
The County does not collect data for commercial or marketing purposes and does not sell, exchange or distribute the data for commercial or marketing purposes. The County does not rent or sell personally identifiable information (i.e., information such as name, address, phone number, e-mail).
The County does not disclose credit card or other personally identifiable financial information other than as necessary to complete a credit card or other financial transaction.
All applications that collect personal information such as credit card, social security number, birth date, etc. are setup to run under secure sockets layer (SSL) so that all information is encrypted. Personal information collected in online forms that are stored in a database are stored as encrypted information.
Links To / From a Third Party
The County website may be linked from or to local, State and federal government agencies, and other websites. The existence of those links does not constitutes endorsement of the destination or departure website(s) or of the content of said destination or departure website(s).
The content of acgov.org web pages is copyrighted, and contains some third party images/graphics that are used with permission. Users are notified, therefore, that one should presume the need to obtain permission from the copyright holder before reproducing or otherwise using images/graphics from this website.
You are not entitled to copy logos, images, photographs, software or other material for personal or other non-County use which is made available through the County site that is contrary to any law, infringes on any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right of any party without prior written permission of the County.