Programs & Services
The Public Works Agency offers many programs and services to the public including: Traffic/Safety, Building/Permitting, Flood Control, and Community Services.
- 10/18/2016 Estuary Bridge Openings for Training Purposes(402KB) Beginning October 24, 2016, the Public Works Agency will be conducting mandatory on-the-job training for new bridge tenders at all six estuary bridges. The training consists of bridge openings and closings, with intermittent delays of up to 10 minutes.
- 10/06/2016 Construction on Kilkare Road and Main Street, Sunol(403KB) Beginning Monday, October 10, realignment construction will begin on the Kilkare Rd and Main Street intersection. Construction is expected to last 45 workdays. During construction, the off ramp to the intersection will be closed from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Detour signs will be in place, and motorists should expect delays
- 06/29/2016 Calaveras Road Weekend Closure Calaveras Road will be closed on WEEKDAYS ONLY between Geary Road and Oakridge Road ? near the Santa Clara/Alameda County Line. Entrance to Sunol Regional Wilderness will be open at all times. Calaveras Road opens Saturday mornings 6 a.m. and closes Sunday evenings at 11:00 p.m.
- 04/29/2016 Tassajara Roadwork Begins May 2 Beginning May 2, 2016, Tassajara Road/Camino Tassajara will be closed to motorists, cyclists and pedestrians to replace a failing culvert. This project will likely likely last until December. Those needing to travel between Dublin and Contra Costa County will need to take alternate routes.
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - Castro Valley Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - Castro Valley Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - Castro Valley Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee